A great easy lunch that can be prepped ahead of time for the whole week. Kent has been eating this every day for over a year and still hasn’t gotten sick of it so maybe that says something :).
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 1.5 cups Brown rice
- 3-4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Cilantro could also use fresh Cilantro
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse with water.
- Place rinsed rice and 3 cups of water in a medium saucepan over high heat until water begins to boil.
- Once boiling, cover pan and reduce to low heat. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Finish rice with juice of 1/2 a lime, cilantro and salt to taste.
Cook Sweet Potatoes
- Rinse and scrub potatoes. Cut into 1/2-1" cubes.
- Place sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, cumin and salt.
- Mix the sweet potatoes to evenly distribute oil and spices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Gather 4-5 bowls or jars.
- Evenly divide rice between jars.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Divide evenly between jars.
- Top with sweet potato.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. When ready to eat, heat in microwave and top with any optional toppings.
Nutritional info is for just the bowl without any optional toppings.
Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls (Kent's lunch)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Sodium 15mg 1%
Potassium 117mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 56g 19%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 0.2%
Vitamin C 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Share this Recipe
Follow The Basic Peach