Well, since this is the basic peach, I thought it was about time I post a recipe that actually uses peaches. Overnight oats are my go-to breakfast for work or when I know I am going to have a busy morning. Peaches are definitely one of my favorite fruits for the summer especially when they come in season locally.
I made this recipe almost everyday last summer while I was working full-time. They are really easy to prepare for the whole week and just grab one the way out of the house. I usually make a week’s worth of the oats ahead of time and cut up the peach the night before. The oats alone will keep for up to a week and a fully prepared parfait will last 1-2 days.
I actually forgot about overnight oats for a while, but recently fell in love with them all over again. That may sound dramatic, but I always look forward to breakfast when I know this is waiting in the fridge (I always look forward to breakfast anyway but this makes it even more exciting). The added protein powder also makes this a great post-workout meal or snack!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder optional
- 1 medium peach
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt or yogurt of choice
- Combine the oats, milk, chia seeds and protein powder (if desired) in a jar with a lid. Shake to combine and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Dice the peach and in a new jar layer the oats, yogurt and peaches to make a delicious parfait! You can also just add the yogurt and peaches to the original jar and stir to combine.
To meal prep for the week, make several jars of oats at once and store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can make the full parfait the night before to make it really easy to grab in the morning.